Online Training for Employees
The University provides an online training module titled “Sexual Misconduct Training: Understanding Title IX and the University’s Policies & Procedures” to all employees. While any employee is welcome to take the training module, Responsible Employees are required to take the training on an annual basis and will receive instructions to take the training via direct email communications. If you have any questions regarding the training or your responsibilities, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for Accessing Online Module
The course, "Sexual Misconduct Training: Understanding Title IX and the University's Policies and Procedures" is available for direct enrollment in Canvas.
Please note: Employees will need to use their Central Authentication Service (CAS) login to Canavs in order to access the training, which is expected to take about 30 minutes.
Other Training Opportunities for Employees
In addition to online training, the University’s Title IX Office and Affirmative Action Office routinely offer educational presentations and training opportunities on each campus. If you would like to request training for your unit/department or office, please contact email@example.com.
Monthly Web Conferences
Please join us for a series of monthly web conferences produced by the IU Statewide Sexual Assault Education and Prevention Project. These webinars are an opportunity for you to learn from presenters from various IU campuses. Each web conference will provide attendees with information and resources about varying topics related to sexual violence prevention and education strategies. We welcome attendance and participation from all IU staff, faculty, and students, as well as members of IU campus partners.
To register for upcoming webinars, click on the registration links below:
- July 21st: Trauma-Informed Responses to Disclosures of Sexual Violence (register here)
- August 19th: Research Review: Is Rape Caused by Miscommunication? (register here)
- September 14th: Prevention of Sexual Violence in Intimate Relationships (register here)
- October 26th: Working with Parents on Sexual Violence Prevention (register here)
- November 17th: Drugs, Peer Pressure, and “Party Culture”: The Slow Work of Sexual Violence Prevention (register here)
- December 14th: Engaging Men in Sexual Violence Prevention Efforts (register here)
- May 27, 2015: The Social-Ecological Model for Violence Prevention. (Please note that the first two minutes of the webinar were not recorded.)
- June 17, 2015: Orientation Programs and Violence Prevention: Different Campuses, Different Approaches
- July 15, 2015: Trauma-Informed Responses to Student Disclosures of Sexual Violence
- August 19, 2015: Bystander Intervention Programs
- September 16, 2015: Engaging Men in Violence Prevention Efforts
- October 21, 2015: Engaging Non-Traditional Students, Online Students, and Adult Learners
- November 18, 2015: Working with International Students
- December 16, 2015: Working with LGBTQ Students in Sexual Violence Prevention Efforts
- January 13, 2016: Learn about IU’s campus climate surveys
- March 31, 2016: Rape Culture: Defining, Identifying, and Changing Rape Culture Norms
- April 22, 2016: Language, Sexual Violence, and Culture Norms
- May 18, 2016: Medical and Legal Assistance for Sexual Violence Survivors
- June 1, 2016: IU Updates: Sexual Violence Prevention Efforts on IU Campuses
Access archived webinars here. Please note that you will be prompted to CAS authenticate using your IU credentials.