Access Counseling & Support Services

If you have experienced sexual violence, there are a wealth of resources available to support you, help you recover, and, if you choose, pursue legal action.

Counseling and Support Services

In the aftermath of a sexual violence incident, knowing you have support can go a long way toward helping you heal. The organizations listed here can provide counseling and advocacy services.

Center for Health Promotion

You can get free or low-cost counseling services from licensed counselors at the campus health center. The center provides quality mental health services to students, faculty, and staff and is located in Hayes Hall, Room 004.

To make an appointment, call 765-973-8216

Centerstone Counseling Services

At this local mental health clinic, you have access to a wide range of psychological and psychiatric services. Your treatment plan will be personalized to meet your recovery goals. They are located at 831 Dillon Drive.

To make an appointment, call 765-983-8000

Genesis Crisis Center

The Genesis Crisis Center at the YWCA services can provide you with no-cost counseling, support groups, advocacy, and temporary housing. They are located at 15 South 11th Street.

To get help, call their 24-hour hotline at 765-935-3920 or 800-886-4508 (toll free)

Employee Assistance Program

If you or a family member works for Indiana University, the Employee Assistance Program can provide you with professional and confidential counseling. Its services are available to full-time employees, medical residents, and graduate appointees and their household members.

To get started, call their 24 hour help line at 888-234-8327

Help with Interim Measures

If in your day-to-day life you are unable to avoid continued contact with the person who hurt you, you can request a change in academic, transportation, and/or work situations. Your request will be reviewed by the appropriate people and may be granted if it is reasonable, even if you haven't reported the incident.

Other advocate services may be available.

Who to Contact for Help with Living Arrangements and Schedule Changes

Dean of Students: 765-973-8252

Office of Affirmative Action: 765-973-8625

Legal Resources

Legal Services

Legal assistance and representation information can also be obtained by contacting the Wayne County Bar Association.

For help, call 765-962-3344

Protection Orders

If you need to file a Petition for an Order of Protection, you can do so at the Wayne County Clerk’s Office.

Wayne County Clerk’s Office
301 East Main Street
Richmond, IN 47374-4200