Access Counseling & Support Services

If you have experienced sexual violence, there are a wealth of resources available at Indiana University to support you, help you recover, and, if you choose, pursue legal action.

Counseling and Support Services

In the aftermath of a sexual violence incident, knowing you have support can go a long way toward helping you heal. The organizations listed here can provide counseling and advocacy services.

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

Confidential counseling sessions are available at no charge to currently registered IU Kokomo students. Appointments are available on campus with the Mental Health Counselor.

To make an appointment, call 765-455-9364

Family Service Association

A trained sexual assault advocate is there to offer you support, answer your questions and help you through the process.  An advocate can accompany you to the hospital, go with you to the police (if desired) as well as talk with you about your options, including decisions around reporting. Assistance with protection orders is also offered. 

Call (800) 725-8177 or 765-868-3154 (available 24 hours)

Local Hospitals

You can access a wide variety of crisis, outpatient, and inpatient mental health services through hospitals in our community.

Community Howard Regional Health Behavioral Health Services

For help or to make an appointment, call 765-453-8545

St. Joseph Trinity House Behavioral Services

For help or to make an appointment, call 765-456-5900

Employee Assistance Program

If you or a family member works for Indiana University, the Employee Assistance Program can provide you with professional and confidential counseling. Its services are available to full-time employees, medical residents, and graduate appointees and their household members.

To get started, call their 24 hour help line at 888-234-8327

Help with Interim Measures

If in your day-to-day life you are unable to avoid continued contact with the person who hurt you, you can request a change in academic, transportation, and/or work situations. Your request will be reviewed by the appropriate people and may be granted if it is reasonable, even if you haven't reported the incident.

Other advocate services may be available.

Who to Contact for Help with Living Arrangements and Schedule Changes

Office of the Dean of Students: 765-455-9203

Office of Affirmative Action: 765-455-9221

Legal Resources

Legal Services

You can obtain legal assistance and representation information by contacting the Howard County Bar Association.

For help, call 765-453-9600

Protection Orders

If you need to file a Petition for an Order of Protection, you can do so at the Howard County Clerk’s Office.

Howard County Clerk’s Office
104 North Buckeye
Kokomo, IN 46901