Access Counseling & Support Services

If you have experienced sexual violence, there is a wealth of resources available to support you, help you recover, and, if you choose, pursue legal action.

Counseling and Support Services

In the aftermath of a sexual violence incident, knowing you have support can go a long way toward helping you heal. The organizations listed here can provide counseling and advocacy services.

Solutions Student Assistance Services (SAS) 

SAS provides free, local, professional, and confidential consultations for IUPUC students. Solutions SAS is a service of Centerstone Indiana.

To make an appointment with a counselor, call 812-377-5074 or 800-766-0068

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

The professionally trained counselors of IUPUI Counseling and Psychological Services provide services to IUPUC students, faculty, and staff who may be experiencing emotional, psychological, and/or cognitive difficulties that have an impact upon academic or work performance.

For information, call 317-274-2548 or email

Employee Assistance Program

If you or a family member works for Indiana University, the Employee Assistance Program can provide you with professional and confidential counseling. Its services are available to full-time employees, medical residents, and graduate appointees and their household members.

To get started, call their 24-hour help line at 888-234-8327

Help with Interim Measures

If in your day-to-day life you are unable to avoid continued contact with the person who hurt you, you can request a change in academic, transportation, and/or work situations. Your request will be reviewed by the appropriate people and may be granted if it is reasonable, even if you haven't reported the incident.

Other advocate services may be available.

Who to Contact for Help with Living Arrangements and Schedule Changes

Adaptive Educational Services: 317-314-8525

Office of Equal Opportunity: 317-274-2306

IUPUC Personnel Administration: 812-314-8506

Legal Resources

Legal Services

Legal assistance and representation information can also be obtained by contacting the Bartholomew County Bar Association.

Protection Orders

If you need to file a Petition for an Order of Protection, you can do so at the Bartholomew County Clerk of Courts Office.

Bartholomew County Clerk of Courts
Washington Street Columbus, IN 47202