Access Counseling & Support Services

If you have experienced sexual violence, there is a wealth of resources available to support you, help you recover, and, if you choose, pursue legal action.

Counseling and Support Services

In the aftermath of a sexual violence incident, knowing you have support can go a long way toward helping you heal. The organizations listed here can provide counseling and advocacy services.

Personal Counseling Services

IU Southeast Personal Counseling Services are available to all IU Southeast Students (part or full time) at no fee. Counselors are all professionally trained and can help support you in the aftermath of sexual violence. They are located in the University Center South, Room 243.

To make an appointment, call 812-941-2244

The Center for Women and Families

Counselors are available to help you both in the immediate aftermath and years after a sexual violence experience. They can also provide you with medical and legal advocacy and emergency shelter.

If you are in crisis, call their 24-hour crisis line at 877-803-7577

To make an appointment or for more information, call 812-944-6743

Employee Assistance Program

If you or a family member works for Indiana University, the Employee Assistance Program can provide you with professional and confidential counseling. Its services are available to full-time employees, medical residents, and graduate appointees and their household members.

To get started, call their 24 hour help line at 888-234-8327

Help with Interim Measures

If in your day-to-day life you are unable to avoid continued contact with the person who hurt you, you can request a change in academic, living, transportation, and/or work situations. Your request will be reviewed by the appropriate people and may be granted if it is reasonable, even if you haven't reported the incident.

Other advocate services may be available.

Who to Contact for Help with Living Arrangements and Schedule Changes

Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs: 812-941-2420

Office of Equity and Diversity: 812-941-2306

Legal Resources

Legal Services

You can obtain legal assistance and representation information can also by contacting the Floyd County Bar Association at 812-948-6000.

Protection Orders

If you need to file a Petition for an Order of Protection, you can do so at the Floyd County Clerk’s Office.

Floyd County Clerk’s Office
311 Hauss Square Ste 235, New Albany